Monday, July 13, 2009

WE HAVE POO POO IN THE POTTY!!!!

Just as I decided to not worry so much about WHEN Luke would finally decide to poop in the potty, today rolls around and while he was eating lunch he said "oh no mom I need to poo poo in my pull up." (which he was already wearing) So I grabbed him and said let's go sit on the potty and you can get your big prize!!!! Well after I sat in there with him, then he asked for daddy to sit in there and read him a book - and let me tell you they were in there awhile!!! James finally said why don't I give you some privacy so you can concentrate on going potty. Not 3 minutes after he was alone he was so excited yelling for us to come and there and look at what he had done!!!! Now I realize it might not happen again for awhile but I will take it - baby steps I tell ya.

Now the prize he got was a kids horseshoe game for outside which he didn't seem all that excited about until he realized that he could "pretend" the stakes are drumsticks and he found something to drum on and then kept saying "mommy you want to watch my rock-it band?" Where does he come up with this stuff? He danced and sang and put on a show and got a popsicle as a second prize which seemed to be the best idea to him!!!

1 comment:

The Sheltons said...

CONGRATS to Luke! Maybe with all the $ you'll save on diapers you can by him some real drums!! Ha!