Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 2 of week long potty training

Luke had another fabulous day - basically the same as yesterday, but today he was much more proud of himself and talked about his underwear a lot. He only had a minor slip up but it wasn't his fault - my dad watched the kids for a couple of hours while we slipped away to a movie and I told my dad to keep him in a pull up while we were gone and not to "ask" Luke if he needed to go potty but instead "take" him to the potty. Well, that is not what happened and Luke was apparently really upset when he peed in his underwear. The other "misunderstanding" from my dad is that when we got home Luke asked if he could have a rainbow popcicle and I said I bet you already had one while we were gone - and my dad said that yes he did, in fact he had 3 of them as well as a pudding - WHAT!?! I said why in the world would you give him so many popcicles and pudding and he said well you did say he could have whatever snack he wanted.....!!! I meant Luke could pick out whichever ONE snack he wanted. Oh well, I guess I am going to just have to start leaving notes again even if people tease me about them. However, both kids had a GREAT time with their Pop Pop and was so happy he was here with them.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

One accident a day is not bad at all. Keep up the great work!

The Sheltons said...

Congrats Luke - and great job Mama! Sounds like potty training is in the air lately, Jacob is doing really well this week too. Guess Carter will be the last one of his friends to wear diapers. Oh well, he is the youngest after all.