Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Two steps forward and TEN steps back

Okay so I pray for every child out there that they NEVER get any form of rotavirus!!! Caroline is through the rough part (and the doc said she had a mild case since she was vaccinated for it) however her diapers are still major YUCK and she doesn't care for the soy formula we have to have her on for about a week. Along with this she is no longer interested in ANY veggies/fruits but instead only wants her cereal and/or rice snacks. Luckily during the day she is still in a good mood but when the lights go out at night I don't know where my sweet angel has gone. We went from finally sleeping through the night (for about 1.5 weeks) to now waking up a lot at night to be comforted.

And on top of this Luke has decided that it is in his best interest to wake up at around 1:30 every night (or morning depending on how you look at it) and come to our room get on the bed and he tells me "mom here I am" or "I'm here" and he hugs us and snuggles down for the rest of the night. I always said I would NEVER allow my children to sleep with us and for the most part we have stuck to this motto HOWEVER when you are as sleep deprived as we are you tend to roll over and go with the flow.... we are now working on him staying in his room all night and hopefully we will be back to normal within the week.

I pray that Caroline has a full recovery soon and that we can all get a goods night rest. I hate to see my baby not feel well and especially when there is really nothing that can be done for her except to love on her and comfort her.

And I have to say that I do love to snuggle with Luke and when he wakes up he typically tells me "good morning mom, happy birthday" or "I want to watch cartoons and drink my milk." He is so full words these days and uses full sentences most of the time. It is so amazing to me to see his brain/memory working and how much he loves to learn - he loves when we play school at home to work on things.

Children are such a blessing!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Poor baby girl - I hate seeing sick babies...hopefully she'll get back on track soon.

It took Luke a week or more to get back into the swing of eating all together - nursing, cereal, and fruits/veges - give her time.