Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Life

Since my mom passed away (2 yrs this coming April) I miss her so much and not a day goes by that I don't think about her or wish that she were still here to witness me being a mother to my children and for her to love and play with them. I am always talking to the kids about her but James and I truly believe that she is their guardian angel - especially Luke - she adored him and he was only 5 months old when she passed away and up until the very end she would ask about him and want to see him and touch his face. During the next months after she was gone to heaven we would hear Luke call out "Mimi" over the monitor, which is what the grandkids called her and a couple of times James felt like he caught a glimpse of a figure sitting in the glidder in his room but it was gone fast and he would just dismiss it. Also, different family members have since told me how happy my mom was that I had a son and that she hoped we would hurry and get pregnant again and have the daughter I have always wanted and then came Caroline!!

So after talking to a dear friend yesterday she brought up my mom and the strength that I have had since my mom is gone and it has really made me think about angels amoung us.... ironically enough this morning when I went to get my watch out to put on I came across this saying in my drawer and wanted to share it:

----Angels----
I Believe in Angels
That they're Always
Hovering Near,
Whispering Encouragement
Whenever Clouds Appear,
Protecting us from Danger
and Showing us the Way,
Performing little Miracles
Within our Lives each Day.

I also found this one which I just really love as well....

---The Train
Our Faith is like a Train
That travels on a Heavenly track
And when you get on board
You never will look back.

Rest in the Holy Spirit,
There's nothing you should fear
For God's the Staion Master
And Christ the Engineer.
Cheryl White

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I, too, believe in angels. I'm sure your mom is watching over all of you. I can't imagine life without my mother - you most definitely are a stronger woman because of her passing and are handling it with amazing grace.

mereburk said...

Julie, thanks for sharing about your mom - you are such an awesome mommy to your children and I love being your friend!