Monday, April 20, 2009

Kids exploring....

Well, as I type this post as I'm sure you can tell I am new to posting pics on here and I ended up posting them from newest to oldest in regards to how our week went.... oh well, I am too tired to fix it tonight.

The kids had a great week last week - Luke enjoyed being back at school with his friends and got to go on a few playdates. Caroline is getting more and more mobile she still inch worm crawls but she is FAST, she does get on all fours to sit up and to pull up on things to a standing position. She walks some now behind a walker and when we hold her hands but she isn't yet standing unassisted but will be any time now. Luke has done LOTS of projects/crafts this week but I didn't think to take any pictures - he played playdough, painted, built with moonsand, sprayed ants with his "water gums" (water guns), played games with his daddy etc... in the meantime Caroline has been getting better with her sippy cup (she likes the bigger ones), working on crawling through the tunnel and walking with the walker (again I didn't get a pic of that).


This is Luke trying to "play" with Caroline in the tunnel - ie, he wants to show that he can do it
just as well as she can!!


Caroline being so proud of herself making it through the tunnel.



Her big girl sippy cup AND one of the few pink things that she owns!! HA, and I had to sneak that in the house - I was getting their cups mixed up and when they were both sick I wanted no sharing of sippy cups!!


Luke enjoying the rain over the weekend - why I didn't think to put his rain coat on as well who knows but he had a blast puddle jumping in front of our house.



One of the few times we let him play in the street!




Caroline holding Bessie Mae's bottle (she is the 3 week old calf that James' parents are bottle feeding). Sometimes at night I wish we could feed Caroline a bottle this big to make sure she sleeps all night!!



Luke thought this was the coolest thing ever to feed the calf - he got to do it 3 times before we went home. The calf is really sweet and he got to pet her as well.


The kids love to go to the farm but they always love getting back home as well... like I said we have been busy busy with crafts and projects - Luke amazes me how good he is with his crafts and he focuses on what he is doing and is pretty neat with it and lets me know when he is finished - the only difference is now we have to put him at the kitchen table instead of the kids table in the playroom since Caroline wants to be up in his business now!! He better watch out she is on her way to take over his world!!! HA!!
AND the big highlight of today which I so should have taken a picture of but didn't really believe it would happen..... Luke at not one but TWO HOTDOGS for lunch (not with a bun)!! Why are you wondering is this so great - the child does not try new things and today he was all for it!! I've never been so excited for him to eat kid food as I was today! I had already cooked chicken nuggets and tator tots so James got to eat those for lunch.
I'm always open for good breakfast/lunch ideas from those of you with little ones .....
What is your kids favorite food??




2 comments:

chadandnikki said...

Sweet precious babies. That gigantic bottle is a great idea. Clayton's favorite food is chicken tenders. It sounds cliche, but he will absolutely devour those things.

Sarah said...

I love the tunnel pictures - definitely shows the brother/sister relationship!