Tuesday, October 27, 2009

35 and 16 months
















Where has the time gone?!? My little babies turned 35 and 16 months on Sunday and I can hardly believe it. Luke will be 3 next month and he has loved "planning" his party for soooooo long now and everytime it is someone else's birthday he will say "no it is my birthday now." We are letting his hair grow out a little on top and his vocabulary and imagination continue to amaze us daily. Caroline is all over the place all day long now that she is walking/running. She continues to be my little monkey as we find her on top of the kitchen table, the coffee table and really anything that she can climb. She is very loving but if she decides there is something she wants - she wants it yesterday and will let everyone know about it. Although she doesn't say her words everyday she continues to add more words. Right now she can say - mama, dada, apple, all done, robot, shoes, socks, pants, eye, mouth, nose, bye bye, hi, Pop Pop and she will try to repeat most anything.
Both kids LOVE being outside and with the cooler weather we have been going to the parks a lot and playing in the backyard or just riding big wheels (C in the wagon) to get the mail. Luke got to fly his first kite at the park last week and thought it was the best thing!! However, we did not take a camera with us in order to capture the moment.
Luke is really getting into school now, it took him awhile to warm up to his teachers but he loves his new friends and really enjoys bible study on Wednesdays. Caroline however is NOT so fond of being left with anyone other than family and cries a LOT when I leave her but she is getting better each week..... time will tell. It just breaks my heart though when I see her so upset. When I pick her up she hugs me and pats my back like, FINALLY.
I hope you all have a very blessed Tuesday!





2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the raincoat and rain boots picture!

Wow - Caroline sure has a lot of words.

And I hear you on the climbing....I have had to remove some chairs from Luke's sight just so I don't have to be within a few feet of him all day long...it is exhausting!

mereburk said...

Love the pics - I did not know Caroline was in school? Lilly still talks about sweet Luke!